SummerSkills@GRE - helping you move confidently into your next year of study!
It’s easy to forget that each new year of study requires you to develop new skills and build on previous experiences. SummerSkills@GRE is tailored to equip you with essential tools to enable you to move confidently into your next year of study.
Each mini course has been designed to help you transition from either:
- Level 3 (foundation year courses) to Level 4 (1st year of undergraduate study)
- Level 4 (1st year of undergraduate study) to Level 5 (2nd year of undergraduate study)
- Level 5 (2nd year of undergraduate study) to Level 6 (3rd year of undergraduate study)
These courses are repeated at each campus; Greenwich, Avery Hill and Medway.
You can expect a variety of activities and support that will cover the essential academic and information skills to help you feel ready for the challenges ahead.
A detailed programme for each mini course will be coming soon, but yoiu can see a taster of what’s on offer below:
|Level 3 to 4||Level 4 to 5||Level 5 to 6|
What skills do I already have?
Finding and evaluating key resources
Identifying issues and arguments
Using sources to support your argument
How to write critically
Critical evaluation of material for academic purposes
Reflection and evaluation of own responses to tasks
- Dates & Times:
- 10:00am - 1:00pm, Monday, June 24, 2019
10:00am - 1:00pm, Monday, July 1, 2019
- Stockwell Street Library Greenwich Campus
- Greenwich Campus